Thin-client Laptop, 2012-2014
- Helps client develop Thin-client Laptop that can connect to Vmware servers securely.
- System runns embedded Linux and TI ARM processro (AM3894) with a variety of peripheral support (WiFi, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, etc)
DISA STIGS Compliance software development, 2012-2014
- Help client review deployed software package to be compliant with DISA STIGS requirements
- System runns embedded Linux and a variety of TCP/IP applications.
High Speed Satellite Internet Terminal Development, 2012-2013
- High-end Internet Satellite Terminal that performs IP bonding to deliver double thoroughput
- Developed IP-bonding networking software, both client and server.
- Developed entire embedded software package using Varascite (TI ARM) module running Embedded Linux.
MarineNet Satellite Phone/Fax/Internet Terminal Development, 2010-2011
- High-end Marine Satellite Terminal that delivers high speed Internet, Phone, Fax and SMS capabilities.
- We developed all the embedded software, including software for the Below-Deck Unit and the Above-Deck Unit.
- Below-Deck Unit runs on an ARM9 processor, using embedded Linux. We developed the Board-Support Package including Ethernet Swtich driver, satellite modem driver, SLIC driver, etc., the application software controlling the business logic, and the web control interface.
- Above-Deck Units runs on an ARM7 processor, using no OS, just the main control logic and interrupt service routines. It supports communication with the BDU, the antenna, etc.
High Speed Crypto Module, 2010-2011
- Development of a high speed Crypto Module and taking it through FIPS 140-2 certification. The system delivers over 300Mbps hardware-accelerated AES encryption speed.
- The module runs on hardware crypto co-processor and runs on embedded Linux. We developed and customized the entire software including bootloader (U-boot), kernel, and board-support package. We also developed the kernel module and user applications that make up the business logic.
- Currently in FIPS 140-2 validation queue
Blue Force Tracking (BFT) II Development for U.S. Army, 2009-2010
- Core team members of the development of BFT II Next-Generation Satellite-based tracking system.
- Systems including Linux-based satellite base station controllers and Linux-based network applications using TCP and UDP sockets.
eSafekids Internet Filter Router Development, 2009-2011
- Developed the patent-pending eSafekids advanced network monitoring and filtering product, fully compliant with the Cloud-Computing concept and architecture.
- The system runs on a System-on-a-chip MIPS processor and embedded Linux, and uses many network techniques in layer II and layer III to achieve the purpose of monitoring and filtering.
- See what the product does at its website http://www.esafekids.com
WiMax Pilot for U.S. Naval Base, 2009
- Led the effort to architect, design, develop and deploy a vehicle-mounted device to enable the mobile computer in vehicle to seamlessly switch between WiFi network and WiMAX network, and 3G network in the near future. Secure streaming video is one of the main applications using this infrastructure
Satellite Base Station Network Management for U.S. Army, 2009
- Led the effort to architect, design, and develop the SNMP subsystem for the Satellite Base Station.
Honeywell One-Wireless Mesh Development And Support, 2008
- Led the effort to architect, design, and develop the Honeywell OneWireless WiFi Mesh Networks for Industrial Process Control. This is the Honeywell solution before the ISA 100a standard.
- Worked closely with Honeywell engineers and designers to define requirements and perform system design.
- Based the system on embedded Linux. Added support for IEEE 802.11a/b/g WiFi, IEEE 802.11i security, WiFi Mesh, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol, Proprietary micro-second level time synchronization, and network management system.